Flash 3D Libraries
Usage of Adobe AIR is a good practice for desktop (Windows/Mac) and mobile Android/IOS) development. The following are a few 3D APIs available for 3D development for the Flash Platform.
- Away3D is supported by Adobe through the Gaming SDK and is managed by the Away3D foundation.
- Papervision3D Note (Dec 5th, 2010): Since there is a lack of support of the Papervision classes, it is difficult to get a read on its future. It is recommended to study Away3D, or Alternativa3D.
- Sandy 3D Engine
- FreeSpin3D – This is an extension for Flash CS3/CS4, it can import 3D objects at design time in the Flash IDE. It also has a AS3 API.
- Swift3D (Electric Rain) Vector and Raster 3D Creation – Supports export for Papervision 3D compatibility since v. 5
- ToonBoom (Animation) includes Animate! (Professional), Studio (Hobbyist), Flipboom (Children and Teens)