These are my personal bookmarks on various Adobe Flash Resources, tools, and e-learning.
Actionscript Code Snippets
- CasaLib (Open source) Has AS2 and AS3 versions. I used this library for loading fonts in AS2 at runtime. It saved my life! 🙂
- Greensock Probably one of my favorite Actionscript Tween libraries
- GSkinner.com Canadian Flash guru’s libraries. Includes GTween, Performance Test, Throttler…
- SWFAddress The authority on SEO for flash-based site development. (The Gaia framework uses this.)
Flash Builder (previously Flex) Resources
Flash Media Server
- ASUnit (Unit-test framework)
- Actionscript 3 Designer Toolkit
- Open Source Media Framework Facilitates development of video applications via this framework
- TextLayout Framework (in Beta @ Adobe labs)
(Dec 5, 2010) It has come to my attention that the term “frameworks” are too general to differentiate between the Flex framework and of the emergence of design architectures that have been in development in the past few years. Thus, after reading “Flex 4 in Action” I have decided to separate this into its own topic.
First Generation Micro-architectures:
Second Generation Micro-architectures
- Flash & Flex Developers Magazine (Great magazine for the Flash developer community, and now a monthly online publication.)
- Flex Authority (Flash Builder Professional Tech Journal)
- WebDesigner (UK Web Design Magazine – This is a good mag for flash designers and trends in the web design industry.)
- Net (UK Web design magaine which is not related to Microsoft .Net)
Particle AS3 Libraries
- Corey von Birnbaum‘s crossing over to program in the Pixel Bender Shader language.